Saturday, December 15, 2012

Expectations

“If you expect nothing from anybody, you’re never disappointed.” 
 Sylvia Plath, The Bell Jar 


I love this quote. It is so true. Expectation often leads people to disappointments. I feel like i never really expect much out of people, but when i do i always seem to get my hopes shut down, and it sucks! But it's safe to say that lately, that hasn't happened to me, and it's the greatest feeling.

story time..

Lately I've been liking this one boy. We like each other. I haven't felt this way about someone ever since my last high school relationship, which happened my senior year. I love this feeling it's great, it really is. yeah not liking anyone is awesome because then you don't have to worry about getting hurt, you can hook-up with whoever you want whenever you want, most of the times you don't have anything to over think about because you're just carefree, and you don't have high expectation or false hopes. but the feeling of liking someone and them liking you back, to me is even better! Having that one person to talk to and hang out with constantly, getting butterflies every time you think about them (it had been so long i din't even know they existed anymore) getting morning text (<-- i'm a sucker for those) and etc. I LOVE IT. i know this sounds super cheesy, typical thing for a girl to say, but tell me it's not true. yeah you can't!

Anywayyyyyy 

This guys is great. He really is. He is honestly with no doubt, hands down the SWEETEST most gentleman guy i have ever liked. When we first got to know each other,i didn't even know what to expect.I never really thought that i would even fall for him like i did, especially because at the time he was suppose to leave on his mission in less than a month, so i thought there's no point in liking this kid. well that obviously wasn't a big enough reason to stop me. He pretty much, so far, reached any kind of "high expectations" i could have possibly had for him. I'm not saying that he's the '"perfect guy", i don't even know him that well enough, but I am so glad that i ever got to meet him, and become his friend.

 I guess what i have been trying to say is, don't expect too much, but also don't expect too little. life is so much better
that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment