Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Missionary Letters >>>

I absolutely LOVE writing and receiving missionary letters!  It make me so unbelievably happy. They always seem to say the right thing at the most perfect time. 



Letters > Emails. 



Call it old fashioned, I don't care.


Today I got to hear from Taylor Wach and Ky Watson!! It was so good to hear from both of them. I've been writing all of my friends so far. There are seven of them out in the field right now. Three more, left today. Dan, Tana and Josué. {I get to add THREE more to my list, yayeee!} 


I don't think any of you understand how much I appreciate and treasure these letters. Each of them has a special meaning to me. Whether is because of who's its from, of what it says, or even both. I am so thankful for them.

Recently I had THE best experience. One of my best friends, Ben Is serving a mission in Tampa, Florida. He's been out in the field for about  two months now. He's loving it. He wrote me his first letter during his first week in the MTC; I was so freaking happy to hear about all of his experiences, and how good he was doing. I immediately wrote him back. After that I didn't hear from him for another three weeks ish. I wasn't too worried. Missionaries are so busy, specially in the MTC; they have every minute of every hour planned out for them. I knew that he still hadn't forgotten about me. At least I was hoping he didn't. haha. 

Anyway, not too long ago I was feeling pretty upset, life wasn't really making sense; it wasn't being fair. I couldn't understand why. I was doing everything that I possibly could, right; there was no reason why I should have been put in the situation I was in. 
I shed many tears that day, nothing was making me feel better. 
Feeling like that was a little weird to me, because it doesn't happen often. Later that day Ben came to my mind, just like every other day. I honestly(no lies or exaggerations) thought, "I wish Ben was here so that I could talk to him, but he isn't.. I wonder when i'm going to hear from him again." 
I kept myself busy and after a while that thought went away. I was out all day. I got home around 9 p.m and as I was pulling in my drive way my dad said, "Karen check the mail" so I did. While I was getting the mail-- without thinking much of it, I see that there was one letter for me, from Elder Benjamin Crowley. I was so overwhelmed with happiness. I hurried to my room, opened and started to read it. I can't deny the fact that I cried like a little baby while reading his three page letter. 

 "No matter how hard life gets, we can never let go of the iron rod. Even though we can't see what awaits us ahead, we can be sure that God won't lead us astray" <<<--- BAM that was exactly what I needed to hear!





How did he know? He didn't! What I believe in is, we are all instruments in the hands of God, and I know that Heavenly Father used Ben to bring me words of comfort! God works in mysterious ways. I don't know what he has planned for me, but what I do know is that I have to put all my trust in him.
I'm so very thankful for Missionary work. I'm so proud of all of my friends that have made the decision to go on a mission, to serve the Lord.

Like I have mentioned earlier, I love, love missionary letters. I look forward to them everyday!!! {cough cough} Everyone better write me when I leave. JUST SAYING :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment