Sunday, April 28, 2013

HAWAII HONOLULU

On Wednesday[[ March 24th]] I had the opportunity to finally receive my mission call!!
I sort of had an idea that it was coming that day, so I literary waited outside my house for the mail man! 
Mission calls are my FAVORITE!! I get oh, so exited when I hear that someone is receiving theirs, so to know that I'm about to get my own. That's just too much excitement for one person.
Seeing the package in which my call was in, brought me soooo much joy, I can't even explain! I was jumping and screaming for about 10 minutes straight! I could not wait to open it! 

I had all my close friends come over to my backyard at 7:30 so that I could open and share this experience with them! 
A couple minutes before the big moment, I went into my room knelled down and prayed to my Heavenly Father. I prayed to thank him for the opportunity I was about to experience and to express my gratitude towards the Gospel. I also asked Him to confirm to me that whatever place I was sent to go, was where He wanted me to be. 

As I was opening the package, I read the first sentence "Dear Sister Cavalcante:" and tears started falling  down my face. I thought that for sure it would have waited a little longer, but nope I just couldn't help it, but I got myself to stop tearing up for a little and proceeded to read. 

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the HAWAII Honolulu Mission. Spanish Speaking


Could you say, BEST MISSION?? I think YES! I could not have been sent to a more perfect place. This is a dream mission!





I am so beyond exited to serve the Lord. Dedicate a year and a half of my life to help this gospel grow and make other people happy. 

I KNOW that this is what I need to be doing with my life. I KNOW that Hawaii is where i'm suppose to be in the next year and a half. I KNOW that Heavenly Father is so proud of me right now. I am so grateful for this gospel. I am truly happy because of it.





and here's the video of me opening my call, enjoy ;)





2 comments:

  1. I had chills reading this post and just cried watching the video. I am so happy for you K. I love you tons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! That is so exciting :)

    ReplyDelete